Popular Posts

Sunday, 26 October 2014

Exotic drinks

I am a king/queen of cocktail. I love blending so much and so many things at their extreme odds that I even don't know what new things might come up. At least they are made of edible food stuff with clearly leveled expiry dates.

When I started this blog, I tried to eat sandwiches.  Since I never like sandwich and hardly try this, I felt like trying some recipes. In 2012, I uploaded some of my experiments and people told me that they tried and they were not bad.

Today I will give a recipe of cocktail drink. This drink would drive away boredom or restlessness for trying something new.

Our house was chili free. We didn't eat hot dishes. It was restricted at home. So when I grow up I started liking it while eating out at friends' house though rarely allowed. My nose ran and I rubbed it and hid the truth that the dish was hot. The truth is I love hot food, and I didn't want to show that I was feeling hot, lest people stop offering me that. Now, when  I am the king of my kitchen, I sometimes try extreme hot. It's a great fun, once  I am armed with ice and sweets instant at hand to protect my decades' seasoned moderate tongue.


1. Rice and green drink

Ingredients:

2 tbs of Japanese sticky rice (cooked)
2 small sticks of celery ( chopped into small pieces)
1 and 1/2 glass of water
1 or 2 red green chili ( or to your taste)
1 pinch of salt ( or to your taste)
1 tbs of lemon juice
1tbs of mizkan ( or tamarind juice)


Preparation: 
Blend all together 3- 5 seconds, twice, and serve with ice.

This drink will look lemon green and you will like it. I tried it once when I prepared for the first time.

It's so simple; but it will push your energy up.
.


2. Panta Rice Drink

Ingredients:

2 tbs of Japanese sticky rice (cooked)
2 small red chilli fried or roasted ( please don't burn)
1 and 1/2 glass of water
1 green chili ( or to your taste)
1 pinch of salt ( or to your taste)
1 tbs of lemon juice
1/2 tbs mustard oil ( available at Asian/Indian/ Bangladeshi grocery shop)
1 spoon of chopped onion 

Preparation: 
Blend all together 3- 5 seconds, twice, and serve without/ or with ice.
moderate hot Panta drink will keep your stomach cool.


3. Nobanno: Sweet Rice Drink

Nobanno is a traditional dish prepared after harvest. During this time in Bangladesh, people invite their son-in-law and prepared a variety of delicious dishes. people prepared dozens of items of rice cakes. Again, Nabanno itself is a drink that I have relished while visiting my grandma in my childhood. Out of memory, I have delivered this recipe for those interested to try.


Ingredients:
1 cup of finely ground rice ( uncooked besmati or polau rice)
1 cup of ground coconut ( finely pasted)
2 and 1/2 cups of coconut water
1/4 tbs of ginger paste
2/3 tbs of sugar

Preparation:
All blended for 3-5 mins
Usually served in transparent glasses or cups with a bowl of puffed rice in the middle of the tray.


4. Tamarind Drink
Tamarind is ill reputed for its bitter sour taste. Even the big branch tamarind trees were ill famed for harbouring ghosts and demons in the rural areas event half a century ago. But tamarind has food value which reduces fat. I observed its use in the South Indian recipes where butter is prominent.  my grandma told tamarind reduces fat. So she shared that people feed fat goat tamarind drinks to reduce fat related illness. 

Ingredients:
2 tbs of tamarind pulp ( seedless, aailable in Asian/ Bangladesh grocery shoops)
2 tbs of sugarcane molasses
1 roasted red chili or 1 green chili ( depends on your preference)
1 pinch of salt
1/2 tea spoon of roasted cumin power 
1/2 teaspoon of roasted coriander power 
1  cup of water  
Preparation:
All blended for 3 mins


Usually served in transparent glasses or cups with ice cubes.


4. Cucumber and mint drink
In hot summer days this may be a good drink for health. It may be sweet or salty or sweet and sour. 

Ingredients:
2 three chopped cucumbers
salt/sweet/tamarind paste ( 1 tbp) ( as per the choices)
1 roasted red chili or 1 green chili ( depends on your preference)
1 pinch of salt
10-15 min leaves clean and fresh 
3 cups of water  
Preparation:
All blended for 40  seconds and serve for three persons







No comments:

Post a Comment